Three enchanting rivers and rolling bluffs surround the La Crosse County, making this area chock-full of exciting outdoor activities. There are so many options when it comes to things to do in our Coulee Region, but have you gotten to explore all of Wisconsin? Maybe you are thinking that you have ‘seen it all.’ I know for a fact there are some amazing things you have missed! Whatever you are into, there is plenty of things to do to satisfy any individual no matter how adventurous you are!
– Sid’s Bay Boat Rental is located in West Salem, Wisconsin. Each summer Sid’s partners with Tammy Z’s Yoga Studio of La Crosse to offer you all stand-up paddle boarding. Find your inner Zen on the calm cool waters of Lake Neshonoc. Oh, and don’t worry, they will provide you with a life vest as well just in case balance isn’t your forte.
– Your journey will begin at Loopy’s Grill and Saloon in Chippewa Falls. This is an activity you can do with the entire family! There have been several Eagle sightings while floating down the river, so don’t forget to take a mental picture! This activity will take around 2 and a half hours. The best thing about Loopy’s is, you have a choice to choose from a tube, a canoe, or a kayak.
– The McGilvray Bridges are located smack dab in the middle of the Van Loon Wildlife area, in the northwest corner of La Crosse County. These 7 bridges are filled with rich history and over 6 miles of exquisite wildlife along the way. You can visit their website to learn more about the amazing story.
– Norskedalen is a stunning nature center filled with exciting events and activities. The center is constantly hosting exciting events to get the community more involved in the beauty of their center, and of course, nature itself. Visit their Facebook page for more information on how you can plan your next visit.
– I’m sure a lot of you have heard of La Crosse’s Pearl Ice Cream Parlor. Don’t get me wrong, they have amazing ice cream too. Ranison’s is a cute hole in the wall ice cream shop, and one of La Crosse’s best kept secret. Some of their flavors include pistachio, coffee fudge, fresh banana, and cherry chocolate swirl. Yum!
– Peninsula State Park has been named Wisconsin’s most popular camping destination, located in Door County, Wisconsin. There are five campgrounds and 468 family sites. Did I mention the views are to die for? Visit their website to find out how you can be a part of the experience.
– Wisconsin is home to multiple amazing and breathtaking waterfalls. Among them is Morgan Falls. “On a clear day you can see Lake Superior, 20 miles to the north.” Morgan Falls cascades 70 feet off a rock cliff. These waterfalls are something you have to see for yourself! Some of the best are located along the south shore of Lake Superior in Ashland, Bayfield, Douglas, and Iron Counties.
– Located in none other than Door County Wisconsin, you are invited to join some of the locals for an authentic fish boil at the Old Post Office. How charming is that? This particular fish boil takes place in a newly restored post office in Ephraim, dating back to the 1900’s. You can enjoy a traditional feast Monday thru Saturday evenings, and Sunday evenings on holiday weekends.
– Located on the amazingly beautiful Madeline Island, are the Apostle Islands. This is one of the most popular kayak locations in the world. The kayak tours take you through cliffs, caves, and even provide you with a snack! You also have the choice between a guided tour, and a non-guided kayak tour.
– Riverfest is one of La Crosse’s biggest events of the summer. It is a 4 day event packed with exciting activities to enjoy like, live music, magicians, family movies, and competitive pole vaulting. The scheduled events are packed at each hour of the day, so you will never be left feeling bored! To top the whole weekend off, fireworks go off at 10 pm on the 4th of July. You won’t want to miss this!
This article was written by Valley Dental