- Be realistic.
- Plan time for exercise.
- Don’t skip meals. Before leaving for a party, eat a light snack like raw vegetables or a piece of fruit to curb your appetite.
- Survey party buffets before filling your plate. Choose your favorite foods and skip your least favorite.
- Eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed.
- Be careful with beverages.
- If you overeat at one meal go light on the next.
- Bring your own healthy dish to a holiday gathering.
Enjoy the holidays, plan a time for activity, incorporate healthy recipes into your holiday meals, and don’t restrict yourself from enjoying your favorite holiday foods. In the long run, your mind and body will thank you. If anyone has any other tips for the Holiday Season add them to the list.
Happy Holidays from your friends at Valley Dental!