Teeth whitening treatment was really popular in 2013, thanks to modern lifestyle. But it is now possible to achieve one at home. Here are 6 tips for achieving a bright white smile. New patients will also receive FREE Teeth Whitening for life. If you are an established patient at our office if you refer a friend or family member to Valley Dental you’ll receive this amazing offer as well!
1) Eat your way to whiter teeth: Foods that are firm or crisp are known to help clean teeth as they’re eaten. Apples are considered to be “nature’s toothbrush” and are a great way of cleaning teeth on the go or at lunch time when you are at work and unable to brush your teeth.
2) The little extras: Flossing removes some of the staining between teeth, making your smile instantly look whiter.
3) Quit smoking: Lifestyle choices can also influence a natural white smile with smoking being one of the biggest causes of teeth decay and discoloration. The nicotine and tar in the cigarette result in teeth darkening, losing their natural white.
4)Neutralize acid: Chewing gum is very beneficial when it comes to maintaining a white smile. Chewing gum helps to clean teeth mechanically by removing debris, and it stimulates production of saliva, which increases your saliva’s ability to neutralize acid.
5) Wash away the stains: Water is not only essential for overall well being, it is also vital for great oral health. Water acts as a natural cleaner and has the power to wash away bacteria and residue left on the teeth after eating. So drink a glass of water after every meal.
6) Get a calcium boost: This may come as a surprise to many ,but cheese is known for helping to maintain healthy white teeth.