At Valley Dental we offer our patients many different types of whitening. From the customized take home trays to a 2 hour long treatment, our staff will really listen to what your needs are and help you decide on the perfect whitening for your lifestyle. Once you’ve invested in teeth whitening you probably want to keep your white smile, especially during the holidays and New Year.
Here are some tips to maintain your healthy, white smile:
- Avoid the consumption of or exposure to products that stain your teeth. Some leading examples would be coffee, tea or red wine. If you do choose to consume beverages that stain, consider using a straw so that the liquid bypasses your front teeth.
- Brush or rinse immediately after consuming stain-causing beverages or foods.
- Follow good oral hygiene practices by brushing your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once daily to remove plaque.
- Use whitening toothpaste to remove surface stains and prevent yellowing.
- Consider touch-up treatments. Depending on the whitening method used, you may need a touch-up every 6 months or after a year or two. If you smoke or drink lots of stain-causing beverages, you may need a touch up more often. Sinsational Smile is a type of whitening that we offer for patients and highly recommend you to get a touch-up every 6 months to maintain that beautiful, white smile. With Zoom treatments you’ll most likely have to whiten less because of the updated products and procedures.